The Headstrong app hosts chatbots created at The University of Auckland. Our chatbot courses deliver brief, helpful support for your health and wellbeing.
Headstrong does not provide counselling services. The content and information delivered through our chatbot courses is not intended as professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. You can visit our Get help now page.
If you need urgent help, please call 111.
Means the Headstrong (iOS and Android application)
Means a research study that makes use of the Headstrong app
‘We’, ‘our’, and ‘us’
Means the Headstrong team, based at the University of Auckland
Has the meaning given in the Privacy Act 2020 (or replacement legislation) but generally means information about an identifiable individual
Means including without limitation.
The Headstrong courses are designed to support goodhealth and wellbeing. If you are not finding them helpful, don’t forget thereare other places to seek support, including talking to whānau / family, a qualified health professional like your GP, school nurse, or school counsellor.
If you need urgent help, please call 111 or contact a qualified health professional.
Only a doctor or qualified mental health professional can diagnose and treat clinical depression or other clinical problems. If you are concerned about yourself or someone you know, contact a doctor or a qualified mental health professional. Visit our website Get help now page for ideas of where to get professional help.
Headstrong provides a platform for access to research studies. Unless otherwise stated, the research studies are managed and made available by third parties, not Headstrong.
If you use Headstrong to register for and participate in a research study, you will be provided with further information, including a consent form that is specific to each research study (‘study information’). The study information governs your participation in that study.
You agree that your use of Headstrong is at your own risk.
We provide the content and activities ‘as is’, and for general information only. We have done our best to make sure they are accurate. We provide information in good faith to help our users. However, we don’t guarantee that we won’t ever make a mistake.
We do not accept any legal obligation for:
- The way you use Headstrong
- Your being unable to use the app
- Any inaccuracy or error within the app
- The app failing to meet your needs or any other purpose
- Any loss or damage that may be directly orindirectly caused by any information on the app or any information left out ofthe app
If, despite the above, we are found to have any liability to you, that liability is limited to a maximum of a total of $100.
As a user of the Headstrong app, you must not, and must not permit any other person to:
- Use the app for any purpose other than the purposes of the research study or for personal use;
- Copy, modify, translate, adapt, or create derivative works from any part of them including any software component or any content displayed in connection with them;
- Attempt to derive the source code of the app, except to the extent permitted by law;
- Assign, sub-license, distribute or commercially exploit the app;
- Access the app via any method other than standard app stores, and not use scraping, deep-linking, harvesting, data mining, robots, spiders, automation or any similar data extraction or monitoring process in using it; or
- Introduce viruses or do anything else designed to interfere with the app’s operation.
We will take reasonable steps to ensure the security and confidentiality of information that you provide to us on the app.
The Headstrong team aims to provide high availability of our app, but availability cannot be guaranteed. We are not responsible for any loss of data due to network or system outages, file corruption, accidental deletion, incompatibilities, or any other reasons.
There is no fee or charge for you to use theHeadstrong app. However, if you access the app through the use of a mobile phone or the Internet, your normal phone or internet charges will apply.
You can choose to stop using Headstrong at anytime.
If you deliberately use the website, web portal, or associated tools in a way which causes harm to the University or any other person entitled to use them, you maybe asked to indemnify the University or that person for that harm that you have caused.